Governor Sarah Palin’s Accomplishments
Governor –Alaska 2006-2009
· AGIA-(Alaska Gas line Inducement Act) Provide a competitive bidding process for companies wanting to develop and operate a natural gas pipeline on the North Slope to deliver gas to the lower 48. 1st yr of office
· ACES(Alaska Clear and Equitable Share)–Restructured the way oil companies are taxed. Legislature resulted in an increase of the base oil tax rate from 22.5% to 25% of profits. This helped the state achieve a surplus for the next years when oil prices rose. Returned a large share of the revenue to the people of AK. 1st yr of office
· Struck largest private sector infrastructure project in North American history between Exxon and TransCanada to build a gas pipeline that will deliver gas to lower 48.
· Stood up to big oil and held oil companies accountable for drilling domestic oil in exchange for land rights.
· Overhauled State Ethics Law-Closed loopholes and tightened the rules on what compensation legislators could receive from outside interests. 1st yr of office.
· Alaska's Petroleum Systems Integrity Office- to provide oversight and maintenance of oil and gas equipment, facilities and infrastructure
· Responsible for motion to have for residents of Valdez and surrounding communities affected by Exxon Valdez oil spill of 1989 to be compensated by Exxon Mobil. Compensation was given in first year of office.
· Suspended state fuel tax and championed reform to end abuses of earmark spending in AK legislature.
· Fiscal Conservative-produced balanced budgets cut wasteful spending.
· Cut budget from previous administration by 9.5%, reduced earmarks from previous administration by 80% and got rid of private chef, private jet, refused pay increase when economy declined.
· Governor Palin cut the budget, including hiring freezes, even with a state surplus and invested $5 billion in state savings.
· Governor Palin accepted less state per diem for herself and her family than her predecessors even though she had a larger family.
· She vetoed half a billion dollars in spending, the largest in state history.
· Vetoed several parts of the porkulus stimulus funds allotted to AK that would result in mandates on the state and lead to greater reliance on the federal government.
· One of the first Governors to set up a Sub-Cabinet position to address issue of Climate Change.
· Increased educational funding for children with special needs
· Governor Palin put the state checkbook online, allowing all constituents to see how the state money was being spent.
Positions Held While Governor
· Chairman of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission- a multistate government agency that promotes the conservation and efficient recovery of domestic oil and natural gas resources while protecting health, safety and the environment.
· Chairman of the National Governors Association (NGA) Natural Resources Committee- which was charged with pursuing legislation to ensure state needs are considered as federal policy is formulated in the areas of agriculture, energy, environmental protection and natural resource management.
· Republican Vice- Presidential Candidate 2008
Other Office and Leadership Positions
· Town Council-Two term-Wasilla, AK-1992-1996
· Mayor-Two term-Wasilla, AK-1996-2002
· As Mayor of Wasilla eliminated personal property tax, took a pay cut and reduced property and inventory taxes from 2 million to 1.2 million, attracted commercial development to the town.
· Chairman of Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission(AOGCC)-Regulatory agency that oversees the state energy industry
· President of Alaska’s Conference of Mayors
· Co owner commercial fishing business
Governor Palin’s Electability
· Palin beat a 3-term Republican mayor who ran as an independent against her
· Palin beat the Republican Governor Murkowski in his 2nd term bid without the support of Alaska’s Republican Party.
· Governor Palin had an 80-90% approval rating prior to being tapped VP nominee
· Defeated 9 yr incumbent mayor of Wasilla, Alaska
· Being an oil and gas commissioner as well as governor of a state that contributes 20% of U.S. domestic oil production, Governor Palin is an expert on energy issues. She is especially passionate about drilling for domestic oil to make the U.S. less dependent on foreign oil.
· Governor Palin has 9 years of executive experience
· Governor Palin visited troops in Kosovo and Kuwait
· Spoke on monetary policy in Hong Kong, China, 2009
· Participated in humanitarian aid trip to Haiti with Samaritan’s Purse, December 2010
· Keynote speaker at Conclave Business Conference in India, March 2011
· Met with Prime Minister of Israel, March 2011
· Alaska is part of the US Missile Defense System due to its close proximity to Asia and its strategic position in the world and home to two major military bases.
Governor Palin’s Position on Issues
· Strong advocate for energy independence
· Believes in an all of the above approach to energy production, including drilling for domestic oil and sees this as a national security issue
· Limited Government
· Strong fiscal conservative with a proven record
· Believes in closing the borders to illegal immigration-against amnesty
· Repeal Obamacare and focus on tort reform and allow health plans to be bought across state lines
· Supports entitlement reform
· Supports reducing corporate tax rates
· Supports cutting wasteful spending
· Strong supporter of the 2nd amendment for gun rights
· Strong supporter of 10th amendment that addresses state rights
Paid for by www.http://americangrizzliesunited.com/.Not approved by Governor Palin, her staff, SarahPAC, or any other candidate or committee. This document is not authorized by Governor Palin or SarahPAC. All of these accomplishments have been compiled from information found at the following sites: State of Alaska Archive, : http://wayback.archive-, it.org/1200/20090726150429/http:/gov.state.ak.us/archive.php Conservative4Palin: www.conservatives4palin.com,US4palin:www.us4palin.com, America by Heart: Reflections of Family, Faith and Flag, and Going Rogue: An American Life.
Governor Palin embodies the message of faith, family, freedom, love of country, and conservative principles that help make America the shining city on a sea. She believes in our Constitution as the basis for our laws and in the vision of our Founding Fathers that help create this great nation. She believes in American Exceptionalism.
“At its most basic level conservatism is a respect for history and traditional moral principles. I do not believe I am more moral, certainly no better than anyone else and conservatives who act holier than thou turn my stomach. So do some elite liberals. But I do believe in a few timeless and unchanging truths, and chief among those is that man is fallen. This world is not perfect, and politicians will never make it so. This above all, is what informs my pragmatic approach to politics.”
Gov. Sarah Palin- “Going Rogue: An American Life”
“Politics isn’t just a game of clashing parties and competing interests. The right reason is to challenge the status quo, to serve the common good, and to leave this nation better than we found it.”
Gov. Sarah Palin, Vice Presidential Candidate
Republican National Convention, September 3, 2008
Here’s a collection of quotes from Gov. Palin that reflect her values and her view of America
“We are endowed by our Creator with this sovereignty. That means no person, no king and no government, can rule us without our consent. We all have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness that wasn’t given to us by government; it was given to us by God. Therefore, it can’t rightly be taken away by government.” p. 11 of America by Heart
“The phrase ‘one nation under God’ is significant because it puts our freedom beyond the reach of men who ‘preach the supremacy of the state.’ It puts our freedom in the hands of the Creator from whom it came, and that is a safe place indeed.” -from America by Heart
“The wonderful thing about the system we inherited from our Founders is that it doesn’t try to change our humanity, rather, it respects it and honors it.” p. 10 of America by Heart
“For me, this is the essence of freedom: to be a child of God whose God-given rights and responsibilities are respected by her government under the Constitution. What makes all of us Americans isn’t our ancestry or our skin-color but our belief in this freedom.” – p. 12 from America by Heart
“Our Constitution spells out a separation of powers between Congress, the president, and the judiciary for a very good reason: to protect our freedom and our right to govern ourselves from one person’s idea of ‘empathy.’” – p. 16 from America by Heart
“No, ‘transformation’ won’t save America; ‘restoration’ of our honor, dignity, and freedoms will save America.” – p. 17 from America by Heart
“…America doesn’t go to war for big business or for oil or for the sake of imperial conquest. The reason, inevitably, is freedom.” -p. 38 from America by Heart
“When we say America is exceptional we’re saying we are the lucky heirs to a unique set of beliefs and national qualities, and that we need to preserve and value those beliefs. We’re saying America is a model to the world, not a bully to the world, or responsible for the world.” – p. 63 from America by Heart
“One aspect of American exceptionalism as described by Alexis de Tocqueville that is particularly meaningful today is our propensity to govern ourselves, locally, without waiting for any central authority to show us the way.” – p. 65 from America by Heart
“They [original feminists] didn’t believe that men were oppressors, women were victims, and unborn children merely ‘personal choices.’ They believed that we were children of God, and, as such, we were all—men, women, our littlest sisters in the womb, everyone—entitled to love and respect.” – p. 141 from America by Heart
“The new feminism is telling women they are capable and strong. And if keeping a child isn’t possible, adoption is a beautiful choice.” – p. 153 from America by Heart
“This is the lesson our children need: every able-bodied American should be expected to work, and your work ethic gives you wings!” –p. 175 from America by Heart
“Everything that is worthwhile comes through effort. There is no free lunch. Anybody who tries to tell you otherwise is selling something—usually something paid for by your tax dollars.” – p. 179 from America by Heart
Revive, Renew, Restore Reagan Conservatism
North Carolina State Coordinator,
Paid for by www.http://americangrizzliesunited.com/. Not approved by Governor Palin, her staff, SarahPAC, or any other candidate or committee.
This document is not authorized by Governor Palin or SarahPAC. All of these accomplishments have been compiled from information found at the following sites: State of Alaska Archive, : http://wayback.archive-, it.org/1200/20090726150429/http:/gov.state.ak.us/archive.php Conservative4Palin: www.conservatives4palin.com,US4palin:www.us4palin.com, America by Heart: Reflections of Family, Faith and Flag, and Going Rogue: An American Life.